Canyon Topo Creation
Canyoning Topos are a graphical way to represent canyon beta. Instead of using tedious bla-bla-bla descriptions or summarized bullet points, a Canyon Topo displays the whole descent in a single self-explanatory image with minimal use of words. It makes it easier to understand and also easier to use when running a descent.
To draw a Canyon Topo one can draw it by hand or use several different type of software, from generic office presentation to professional graphic arts packages, although most people will be best using free sketching software such as InkScape.
- Inkscape Inkscape: free and easy to use sketching software with tutorial on Media:How to Create Canyon Topos Using Inkscape.pdf
- Betaflash: free and easy to use sketching software to create mountaineering and climbing beta
- Microsoft Powerpoint: generic presentation software, comes with most computers and available free online
- Google Slides: generic presentation software available free online - Canyon Topo Tempate (Brent Roth)
- Adobe Illustrator: advanced Graphic Arts software that is both expensive and difficult to use