Report a problem
We are a growing website and despite our best efforts, sometimes things go wrong or get broken. The worst problems are the ones we can't find or don't know about. If you come across a problem, please help us fix it as quickly as possible by sending us a message telling us briefly
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- The URL on which the problem occurred
- The error message (if applicable)
The best place to report an issue is to join and post in the Ropewiki Facebook group.
Administrator contact information can be found at User:Bjp and User:Dangel.
A drop down menu is presented for choosing a region. Typing shortcuts to the proper location, and user can then select this with the mouse. However, what gets saved to the page is the text that the user types (for instance "Cali") rather than the location he/she selected (for instance "California"). A workaround is to either fully type the region name or choose the region completely with the mouse, and avoid mixing typing with mouse select. Lucach (talk) 21:14, 8 September 2015 (EDT)
Edit with form on Canyon pages adds sections [PARTIALLY FIXED]
Still an issue under some circumstances; perhaps when there is a spacing variation in section headers? See, for instance, this changeset (there are many more like it) --Bjp (talk) 13:28, 21 October 2015 (EDT)
Special:Ask doesn't work [FIXED?]
This problem occurs because the version of Semantic Result Formats we're using is too new for our version of Semantic MediaWiki. When I tried to fix this problem by changing the SRF version back to 1.8.x rather than 1.9 alpha, that caused the tree format to stop rendering properly which breaks a substantial portion of the site. The last commit on the "working" version of SRF that we have (renders tree properly, Special:Ask is still broken) was 0eafd7c7a350759f225401de6ab2652598b1dd52. Solution: This particular problem seems to be fixed now, Special Ask is used to produce KMLs mashups and PDFs. Lucach (talk) 21:14, 8 September 2015 (EDT)
Canyon mapper link doesn't work
Because RW now uses pretty/abbreviated URLs, http://ropewiki.com/Mapper no longer points to the CanyonMapper page -- instead, it directs to an empty wiki page.
Editing Sections while in "Edit with Form"
- Behavior: Edit link for sections while in "Edit with Form" mode links to the wrong section when the sections above it have subsections.
- To Reproduce:
- Navigate to: Seven Teacups Form Edit
- Click link next to "Descent".
- You will find that you will be brought to the edit page of the Brennan Approach. Section 2.1 Brennan Approach, should be "Section 3 Descent"
- This behavior is likely caused by the "Edit with Form" template is not taking into account that subsections (e.g. 2.1) are counted as full sections within the linking scheme.
- For the links to work properly, one would need to increment the link address based on how many subsections exist above it, or detect what the correct section number is by grabbing the link info from the html.
- This seems like a Semantic MediaWiki issue.
- We're using a relatively old version of SMW so it may have been fixed already.
- It would probably be nice for someone to search through SMW's bug list to see if this one is already listed and/or resolved, and to report it if it hadn't already been listed.
- Even if it is fixed, updating SMW takes some time and introduces appreciable down-time risk, so it may be a little while before the issue gets fixed on RopeWiki :/