Log in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rate (2 ratings)
|Rating:||3C II (v3a4 II)|
|Raps:||4, Max ↕80ft|
This is a short but beautiful canyon, one of the best in the Mission area. Combine with nearby Lost Creek (British Columbia) for a full day of adventure.
The original beta describes a 8km shuttle on 4WD roads and a 2km long river walk to exit the canyon, but that can be avoided using the new exit shortcut shown on the map.
The lowest section of the canyon to the lake seems very interesting but apparently it has never been descended. Both sections (Upper and Lower) are displayed in red on the map, each of them with their own approach (green) and exit (yellow).
- Upper: Proceed on the Lost Creek dirt road (2WD) and park in the vicinity of the turnoff shown on the map. Hike down the road all the way to the end of the road, then drop into the trees to access the swimming hole that is where the canyon descent starts. If you have a 4WD you may continue to drive down the turnoff all the way to the end of the road, but this is unnecessary unless you are doing a shuttle.
- Lower: Turn left at a turnoff and proceed down a 4WD road until you reach the vicinity of the stream. From here an easy scramble gets you down into the water.
- Upper: There are 4 drops in the Upper technical section up to 25m. Most of the drops are jumpable, as they have deep transparent pools at the bottom. If not comfortable with high jumps you can also rappel part way to a ledge and jump from there. Pools change, so make sure the first person always checks the depth and possible rocks newly washed down into the canyon.
- Lower: The lowest section has at least 2 more drops and a 100m rappel. Beta sources talk about the lower section but it seems it has never been descended before.
- Upper: Exit a short distance after the end of the technical section, as shown on the map, by climbing up through a forested slope till you meet an old logging road. Follow the overgrown road to the very end and then bushwack to reach a logged clearing, follow the clearing untill you meet a seasonal stream and then follow this to the road bridge. Once at the bridge hike on the road 500m back to your car.
- Lower: The lower exit is not documented anywhere, a possible exit was identified by studying aerial and topo maps, but this has yet to be confirmed.
Trip reports and media
Original Track and Waypoint data by Kevin Swanson