Ogliana di Quarata
Log in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rate 4.2 (32 ratings)
Raps:23, max ↨131ft
7 Sep 2023
"Very good and easy conditions. Would do it again.
This canyon is defined by moss covered slick boulder hopping, brown tea color water, black pools as the bottom is coated with thick algae, tree debris, a massive steep approach with great views of the valley below, with a couple high jumps to 42’, several good slides and a couple crack rappels. Add many nuisance rappels. Does not compare to the Ticino classics, but a good canyon if you are willing to overlook all of these things most canyoners hate to deal with. The finish into a nice local swimming hole is great as the Italians are so warm.
Follow the walking path via San Lorenzo, Cacciolo and Mura to the small bridge at Ogliana di Quarata
The highlight is the 65’ slide that starts low angle for 20’ then drops off into a free fall. There is also a 42’ jump at the second or third drop.
- Descente-Canyon.com : Ogliana di Quarata
- Canyon.Carto.net : Ogliana di Quarata; Quarcia
- CicaRudeClan.com : Ogliana di Quarata
- Altisud.com : Ogliana di quarata
- Canyons du Haut-Piemont Italien Book by Speleo Club de la Valle de la Vis : Menta inf (Quarcia)
- Catastoforre AIC-Canyoning.it : Ogliana di Quarata;Rio di Menta;Rio di Rina
- Canyoning in the Alps Book by Simon Flower : Ogliana di Quarata
- Canyoning Nord Italia Book by Pascal van Duin : Ogliana di Quarata
- OpenSpeleo.org : Ogliana di Quarata
Trip reports and media
- Barranquistas.es : OGLIANA DI QUARATA