Log in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rate 4.2 (71 ratings)
Difficulty:3B II (v3a2 II)
Raps:2-5 + 1 jump, max ↨180ft
Red Tape:No permit required
21 May 2023
"Fun canyon but by no means R rated.
Late Spring to Early Autumn;BEST in Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep
34.5475, -111.4336111111134.543333333333, -111.43361111111https://ropewiki.com/images/d/db/Sundance_Canyon.kmltopo
A very nice canyon in Arizona - short but intense. Sometimes done with Bear Canyon.
Take the FR144 to Point Trail TH.
A series of rappels under 100' will bring you to the final rappel of 180'.
Under normal conditions some of the drops can be slid, jumped, or downclimbed.
A short walk to point trail and back up to your vehicle.
- TheBetaProject.org: Sundance Canyon
- OnRopeCanyoneering : Sundance Canyon
- CanyonChronicles.com : Sundance Canyon
- HikeArizona.com : Sundance Canyon
- Arizona Technical Canyoneering Book by Todd Martin : Sundance Canyon
- CanyonCollective.com : Sundance Canyon
- Super Amazing Map : Sundance Canyon
- ZionCanyoneering.com : Sundance Canyon
- WildPathsAZ.com : Sundance Canyon
Trip reports and media
- Candition.com : Sundance Canyon