Log in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rate 2.8 (28 ratings)
Difficulty:3A II (v3a1 II)
Raps:3, max ↨140ft
Red Tape:No permit required
21 May 2023
"Combined Fall Creek w/ Classic. Total time was to do both (and wandering around a bit in Big Tujunga Creek). Poison oak is everywhere! If you are al
A short canyon that drops into Big Tujunga Canyon up stream of the dam. Most of the year it has a trickle of water that picks up after a rain. The final rappel is a nice 130ft, mostly vertical drop, which can be slippery with a sprinkling of water. Fall Creek shares the same exit hike and the two routes are often combined on the same day.
It can also be combined with Napoleon Falls, Josephine Creek, Alimony Creek, Das Soup Canyon, or Das Pfeife Canyon for a full day of canyoneering.
- As with all the Big T canyons your help is needed to keep access open. This entire area is still seeing a slow recovery from the old station fire which means lots of invasive plants and overgrowth in general can quickly close off access to these areas and/or make your time in them miserable. Consider adding a pair of hand shears and/or small bypass loppers to your gear list when descending these places.
Educate yourself on how and why  BIG TUJUNGA CANYON RESTORATION
Rap 1 35' bolts canyon left
Rap 2 50' bolts canyon right
Rap 3 130'(+ or -) bolts canyon right
The original beta for this canyon has the final rap at 160'. This was before the bolts were installed and the anchor was 25'-30' behind the pour-over. With the current bolts the rap is about 130'.
After reaching the Big Tujunga Canyon steam, head up stream about half a mile until you cross the hiking trail.
- Chris Brennen's Adventure Hikes (St Gabriels) : Classic Canyon
- Super Amazing Map : Classic Canyon
- Wikiloc.com : Classic Canyon and Fall Creek Canyon
- Wikiloc.com : Classic Canyon & Falls Creek
Trip reports and media
- Candition.com : Classic Canyon
- Fall Creek and Classic Canyon September 2008