Keyhole Canyon (Zion National Park)
Log in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rateLog in to rate 3.9 (145 ratings)
Difficulty:3B I (v3a2 I)
Raps:3, max ↨30ft
Red Tape:Permit required
14 May 2023
"Great day through the canyon. Few swimming parts for 6 ft tall ppl. Currently a pretty fresh dead deer in the first few pools (we think less than a
Late Spring; Summer; Fall
Easy technical canyon perfect for beginners and kids. Usually done in combination of Pine Creek, requires a separate permit.
May be done with 2 or 3 rappels.
R1: 25' from two bolts LDC.
R2: 25' into a pool of water. From here, you can continue 10' to the next drop and rappel an additional 30', or you can pull your rope and rerig.
R3: (Optional) 30' from single bolt RDC
Entry to this area may be restricted; check for information regarding permits before attempting this trip
- BluuGnome.com : Keyhole Canyon
- Chris Brennen's Adventure Hikes (Southwest) : Keyhole Canyon
- RoadTripRyan.com : Keyhole Canyon
- CanyoneeringUSA.com : Keyhole
- Climb-Utah.com : Keyhole Canyon
- CanyonChronicles.com : Keyhole Canyon
- HikeArizona.com : Keyhole Canyon - Zion
- Zion Canyoneering Book by Tom Jones : Keyhole Canyon
- ToddsHikingGuide.com : Keyhole Canyon
- CanyonCollective.com : Keyhole
- Super Amazing Map : Keyhole Canyon
- AmericanSouthwest.net : Keyhole Canyon
- ZionCanyoneering.com : Keyhole Canyon
Trip reports and media
- Video Mystery Canyon, Pine Creek and Keyhole Canyon
- Candition.com : Keyhole
6/25/13: Speed Descent: 13mins, 27 seconds. (Car-to-car) setting/cleaning own ropes.
- Wikiloc.com : keyhole Canyon - Zion National Park